The Rebels Feature | Kaitlyn - Liv a Little
Welcome to The Rebels, our feature series aimed to inspire women and share information between entrepreneurs. We highlight women that inspire us, that share our hustle and our drive. They are bosses, creators, artisans, business owners, those that rebel against the normal society expectations and do things differently. Those that think outside the box, try a new path and dream big. We want to tell their story!
Introducing Kaitlyn Stabenow - owner of Liv a Little
Kaitlyn is the owner and creator behind Liv a Little, a brand that highlights #momlife and embraces the struggle while also helping fellow women add beauty to their home. Liv A Little offers Tshirts, tote bags, wood signs, felt garlands, stickers and more.... all meant to make us moms laugh and feel more connected with one another. Located in Charter Township of Clinton, Michigan, Liv a Little also offers products with local Michigan pride in mind. The name Liv a Little comes from Kaitlyn's 4 year old daughter, Olivia, who puts the "Liv" in Liv a Little!
Connect with Liv A Little:
"Speak your truth. Be brave, be bold, and be beautiful. Embrace your flaws, celebrate your wins, and smile because you want to and not because someone told you to. Hold your ground, spread love and take no shit. Don't play the victim, become the warrior. Know your worth, protect your energy and tell your story. Share your magic, laugh loud and proud, and don't sweat the small stuff. Blow your own damn mind" - Kaitlyn
We interviewed Kaitlyn to find out what motivates her, what she is passionate about, and her plans for the future. Here is what she said.......
- How did the idea for your business come about? I saw an idea on Pinterest and wanted to make it come to life!
- What was your key driving force to become an entrepreneur? It started as a hobby and as friends and family requested more, I loved the idea to keep creating and do what I love!
- How did you, or are you, currently building a customer base? Through networking, collaborating, and local markets.
- How many hours a day do you work on average? It depends, but 2-3ish
- Can you describe/outline your typical day? I work full-time at a local bank, come home and take care of my family, and then hustle after bedtime.
- How has being an entrepreneur affected your family life? It has been hard. But, I am finally finding a balance that works for us.
- How do you find work life balance? Give us any tips you have. I let my daughter become a part of the process & I got rid of the mom guilt!
- What are the things you hold most important when you have free time? Family time.
- What motivates you? Happy customers keep me going.
- How do you generate new ideas? I find inspiration everywhere and through motherhood experiences.
- What is your greatest fear, and how do you manage fear? That people won’t buy. I put it out there anyways because that’s the only way I’ll know!
Instagram Quotes:- Community over competition
- We're all just out here trying to our best while trying to raise kind humans
- You can do anything, but not everything
- Ask for help. When you're holding yourself back from asking for help, you're taking away the fulfillment of someone that WANTS to help you
"Time is so precious and I don’t want to miss a beat. I don’t want to be so laser focused that I forget to stop, take a step back and smell the roses"
- What are your short term and long term goals? Short term goals are to take Liv a Little on the road. Long term goal is to take it full-time
- What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur? Getting to be a part of peoples homes in a small way. Seeing them make a house into a home.
- Do you have a favorite podcast or YouTube channel or book that motivates (motivated you), and if so what is it? Amanda Adamcheck has been an amazing mentor in my business!
"As of late, I’ve been living my life day by day. I’m not sure if this is motherhood and this is just my life now or what? 2020 is the year that I get back to those planning roots"